Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
What You Will Do
As a member of our Commercial Finance team, the Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the continued success and growth of the Trauma & Extremities Commercial Excellence and Biologics organization. The Financial Analyst will help support the growth and profitability of the Biologics team (inclusive of sales, marketing and R&D functions), commercial supply chain, sales operations, and business operations functions by serving as a trusted finance business partner to the leaders of these teams.
Analyze departmental expenses.
Prepare monthly projections.
Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process.
Provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets, direct manager's attention to opportunities for corrective action.
Provide effective and consistent communications to business partners and team leaders.
Book month end journal entries.
Maintain data integrity in various finance systems.
Maintain and distribute Financial data and information.
Document processes and initiate process improvements as needed.
What You Need
Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred concentration in Accounting and/or Finance.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Experience within the Medical Device industry and/or experience supporting a sales, marketing or supply chain organization (preferred)
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK