Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Manufacturing Engineer Technician is responsible for providing support for the Operations Engineering team. Support will include Manufacturing, Process, Industrial or Packaging Engineering needs. The Manufacturing Engineer Technician will provide support by conducting tool life studies, process or packaging testing, work instruction updates, and time studies. The position will receive direction from either the respective Manager or Sr. Level Engineer.
Working with CNC and Process Equipment - a general knowledge of the equipment and how to use it.Provide production and engineering support as needed. Assist engineering with solutions for scrap and performance to schedule needs, including time studies and tool life studies.Process Characterizations and Validation Support. Assist with product/process characterizations and support the lead engineer with completion of validations.
Effective written and oral communication skills
Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated positive work ethic.
Ability to work a flexible shift, including nights and weekends.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Degree or GED Equivalent
Associates Degree Preferred
Three (3) plus years of experience in Medical Device Field.
Experience with blueprint reading and GD&T.
CNC experience including milling and turning required.
Swiss Machine experience preferred
Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a machinist
Minimum of two (2) years CNC programming experience preferred.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK