| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The mission of the Center for Clinical Studies (CCS) at Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine is to facilitate clinical research of the highest quality � supporting the effective evaluation of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and treatment outcomes � by providing the Washington University research community with administrative and clinical research services that move trials efficiently from initial proposal through study close-out.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Center for Clinical Studies located at the Medical School Campus.
Position handles all aspects of purchasing. Maintains journals, reconciles and reports Accounts Receivable, processes daily cash receipts, divisional audits, and departmental accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orders supplies and equipment, making price and specification comparisons and accepts bids.
- Maintains receipts and refunds on FIS and IDX and resolving outstanding items.
- Prepares journals to allocate income, verifying accuracy of refunds, discounts, corrections and charges to the correct divisional account.
- Handles maintenance contracts and renewals reviewing and updating as needed in coordination with appropriate personnel and processes payment of services and goods received in areas of responsibility by appropriate documentation or process.
- Performs various audits within the division and maintains receipts of daily deposits.
- Maintains files, varied accounting reports and purchasing documentation.
- Processes payments from mail and lock box, tracking daily receipts.
- Performs receiving functions for supplies or equipment not on purchase orders and monitors incorrect orders and damaged goods from vendors, returning for merchandise credit or replacement merchandise.
- Assists with/handles special projects, annual budget and operating statements.
- Distributes paychecks, handles petty cash, and distributes monthly payroll calendars.
- Monitors reports for the department and the University.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers with accounting and organizational skills, including experience in FIS system utilization.
Equivalent of High school diploma, with some college accounting course work, and 5 years experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
The hiring range for this position is $15.37 to $19.22 per hour.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account.� If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor.�� To attach these documents, go to:� My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type � Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.