Position Purpose This position is the Site Quality Manager at a facility that manufactures a regulated cosmetics product, Huggies baby wipes. The role provides technical leadership, consultation, coordination, and direction for facility quality control systems to ensure the manufacture of formulated Wipes products meet required quality specifications and all applicable corporate and regulatory standards. The scope of responsibility and influence includes Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Management, Validation Management, and Sanitary Manufacturing requirements.
Customers Mill Operations & Engineering, Product Supply, BCC Staff and Global Quality, Research, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Purchasing, Logistics, Regulatory Affairs, External Regulatory Agency contacts, End Users of products.
Scope The incumbent reports to the Maumelle Mill Manager and is a core member of the Site Leadership Team.
This critical leader shall provide leadership for significant upgrade of the mill’s quality systems, infrastructure, and procedures. He/she shall drive change to mindsets, behaviors, and capabilities to build an empowered Quality Culture throughout the mill, at all levels of the organization. He/she shall challenge the current methods in order to drive innovation and excellence within the Quality space. This leader must demonstrate ability to mitigate historical and emerging risks (1-2 crises per year, with $20MM sales loss), and ensure that finished product quality meets FDA regulatory and corporate guidelines.
The Quality Manager is also responsible for providing direction and alignment for and building the capability and knowledge of the Quality department (18 – 22 team members), with 4-8 of those being direct reports. The Quality team includes team leaders, technicians, microbiologists, hygienists, and validation engineers. He/She must be able to work autonomously with minimal direction, while ensuring alignment and collaboration with the Staff quality teams to define and implement new strategies, per business unit objectives.
The supported infrastructure and systems include water purification systems, formulation batching/blending, eight (8)+ wet converting lines, two (2)+ raw material lines, air handling systems, and a microbiological laboratory.
General Expectations and Accountabilities
- Demonstrate safety as a value by performing all job functions safely, while also complying with corporate policies and departmental procedures, in an effort to reduce risk and eliminate loss.
- Manages self and team in accordance with the expected behaviors of the KC-One Behaviors.
- Effectively achieve results that meet business and individual objectives.
- Drive change and inspire a team to reach new levels with regards to the Quality Culture and Program.
- Establish and maintain good customer rapport, while driving solutions to meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain a strong spirit of partnership.
- Conduct all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity.
- Communicate fully with superiors, teammates, and others who have a need to know.
- Execute continuous improvement activities for established processes and initiates development of new processes.
- Acts as the Quality Management Representative for the Maumelle Facility.
- Ensures the facility maintains adequate systems, personnel, and infrastructure for Quality Assurance (including Microbiological Lab), Quality Engineering, and Supplier Quality Management, to support compliance and meeting organizational quality objectives.
- Ensures activities are in compliance with both ISO 9001-aligned company quality assurance standards and applicable government regulations, such as regulated product Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements.
- Leads significant Quality Improvement activity to mitigate emerging social media and consumer safety risks – including improvement to Quality Systems as well as facility infrastructure.
- Initiates and executes continuous improvement activities for established processes, and supports development and implementation of new quality processes.
- Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed as applicable.
- Ensures there is a robust Internal Audit system for production and quality systems, with timely resolution of identified problems.
- Ensures there is a robust Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) system, with connection to sources of input, and timely resolution of identified problems.
- Leads routine Management Reviews of the Quality System Provides Quality system expertise, guidance, and training to key customers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates, maintains, and builds both personal and team capability in Quality Management Systems (QMS), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and applicable regulations to support objectives.
- Provide coaching and development of team members in a High Performing Team environment
- Builds and maintains strong relationships across key Kimberly-Clark functional areas as well as across Kimberly-Clark mills to foster sharing of information, swiping of best practices, and increasing mill expertise to deliver overall KC QMSR and Regulatory compliance.
Required Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree in a science, engineering, or related discipline; and 10+ years broad experience in a Quality, Regulatory Affairs, or regulated product Manufacturing background.
• Knowledge of quality system requirements for Consumer, Cosmetic, and OTC Drug/Pharm or Medical Device products.
• Working knowledge of GMP’s, CAPA, and Validation
• Experience successfully lead and direct teams, large projects, and influence multi-functional organizations.
• LEAN 6-Sigma certification – Green Belt or Higher • Diverse background in mill operations, R&D, engineering, or business experience beyond Quality
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work.? If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based.? In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization.? However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
To apply, please visit www.careersatkc.com and search for job number 784656.
Additional Salary Information: Bonus eligible and relocation offered.
Internal Number: 784656
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.