Responsible for establishing, distribution, and management of the weekly and monthly production plan and schedules for short and long-range manufacturing load and critical product manufacturing processes for the site. All site priority decisions in regards to production are reviewed and scheduled via the production scheduler, who coordinates sales and operations in the common pursuit of superior customer service to achieve site OTD (On Time Delivery) and revenue goals.
Production Planning & Scheduling
· Establishes and manages daily, weekly, and monthly production scheduling process MPS (Master Production Schedule), MRP (Material Requirement Planning) and CAP (Capacity Planning) for the site and adjusts schedules accordingly to deliver site goals and objectives.
· Works daily with Project and Production Management for optimal efficiency to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
· Monitors performances against the MPS and the production plan and reconciles the MPS to the production plan as required
· Conducts Rough Cut Capacity Requirement Planning; analyzes site capacity requirements, identifies mid-long term bottlenecks and discusses corrective action
· Provides “what if” capacity and schedules analysis as needed for changing demand requirements, staffing constraints, and new customer project awards to support efficient and timely delivery of all business needs.
· Conducts statistics analysis, production scenario planning & modeling with various customers demand to recommend optimal production plan to minimize cost and maximum operations output
· Ensures appropriate and timely communication to management when schedule adjustments and delays happen to align on priorities
· Organizes and facilitates weekly scheduling meeting to drive improved performance in schedule readiness and schedules adherence metrics for the site
· Provides inputs & recommends scheduling adjustments to management supporting changing business needs or customer requests; resolves trade-offs, with top management if required
· Aligns production plan with S&OP; back-up facilitator for S&OP meeting with management as needed
· Coordinates timing of raw material requirements to adhere to the MPS
Planning System & Process Improvement · Uploads MSA & long term forecasts to improve MRP accuracy. · Monitors and maintains the MPS. · Ensures revenue and OTD targets are met and reviewed with Operations, Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and other relevant teams.
· Improves Production Schedules to improve overall capacity utilization.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain or Engineering.
3 - 5 years of experience in Production Planning and Capacity Utilization is required
Must have experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably inventory management experience in a large highly complex GMP manufacturing environment in pharmaceutical or medical devices industry.
Must have GMP experience
Extensive knowledge of API pharmaceutical manufacturing or operations is preferred.
Demonstrated strong manufacturing planning processes design, improvement and implementation skills
Must have extensive experience in Mater Planning Schedule (MPS) and Material Resources Planning (MRP) in complexed manufacturing environment. SAP experience preferred.
Must have advanced Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, experiences
Knowledgeable in statistics, production scenario planning & modeling, what-if analysis are preferred.
Must have strong planning, analytical problem solving, teaming, organizational and communication skills.
Self-directed, self-disciplined and highly organized; able to prioritize multiple tasks and attention to detail
Ability to balance and manage changing priorities with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment; be able to handle pressure.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
Proficiency with the English language.
Internal Number: 63903BR
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Help Us Make a Healthier World.Patheon provides development and manufacturing services for more than 800 pharmaceuticals, including nearly a fifth of the world’s top selling drugs. We’ve helped our clients earn more than twice as many U.S. FDA approvals than any other CDMO. Are you as committed as we are to exceeding expectations with high-quality solutions to complex problems? If so, we want to talk to you about making a healthier world... together. Join us at patheon.com - See more at: http://www.patheon.com/en-us/About-Us/Careers/Detail?Id=1297#sthash.EOeYqGCe.dpuf